Volunteer groups form the basis of our mental health community providing a wide range of MHFA services and activities. Without the time and effort given by a large number of community members these services would not be available.
The MHFA can always use your skills to help achieve our mission which is helping people who have mental health problems, their families and the people treating them. We also welcome mental health professionals who can provide valuable and worthwhile expertise.
Working as a volunteer is a good way to gain first-hand experience in mental health work. The experience you gain as a volunteer may also be useful for securing employment or a place on a tertiary course. As a MHFA volunteer, you are free to set your own hours
- Pay is zero but the rewards are great!
- Do challenging work that has an impact.
- Help improve people’s health.
- Making a difference is a great feeling.
- Work with others who care.
- Learn and practice business skills.
- Great for building a CV.
- Ideal transition from school to work.
- Be valued and trusted.
- Make new friends.
- Help us make a difference!
How do I Join?
- Send or email us a brief description of yourself with your contact details (a CV would be great!)
- Attend one of our 2 hour introduction seminars.
- Sign up.
- Tell us the times you wish to work.
- And then you’re helping us!
Email admin(at)mentalhealthvic.org.au for further information, or phone 9826 1422.