Mood Disorders Support Group
Goals of the Mood Disorders Support Group
• To provide friendship and support to those with a mood disorder, their family and friends.
• To educate sufferers, families and the general public about the management of the disorder.
• To improve the quality of health care and the general wellbeing of our members.
• To promote research into the causes and improved treatment of uni-polar, bi-polar, general anxiety and depressive illnesses.
Treatment Philosophy of the Mood Disorders Support Group
• Recognise depression and other mood disorders as illnesses.
• Realise that depression is not all of who you are.
• Be informed about the disorder and treatments available.
• Take an active role in your own treatment and stress management.
• Utilise specialist professional advice.
• Learn how to understand and deal with mood changes.
Support Group meeting dates
The free Mood Disorders Support Group meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month from 7:30pm to 9:00pm. The meetings are for anyone with a mood disorder, with family or friends welcome to attend.
* The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 21st May 2013.
If you plan to attend, we strongly encourage you to register.
Phone: 03 9826 1422
All meetings are held at:
Suite J, 450 Chapel Street
South Yarra, VIC, 3141
(Enter via Wilson Street. Parking is available at Jam Factory - 500 Chapel Street)